Benefits of Membership
All memberships are active for 12 calendar months from June 1st to June 1st.
- How does 140 years of history fit under one roof? Come see as we take you on a journey through our historic house in the heart of Gates. In the late 1800s, the Victoria era ushered in houses of beauty and splendor, The Hinchey Homestead still stands today as breathtaking reminder of a golden age.
- Personally guided tours afford a rare opportunity to glimpse a by-gone era and experience the warmth of the Gates history in a truly old-fashioned style.
- Visit a magical world, surrounded by colorful toys made between 1880 and 1939.
- Don’t miss this opportunity to step back in time.
- Dedicated to interpreting the Victorian period and Gates’s only remaining pre-20th Century site. One of Gates oldest remaining structures, the Hinchey Homestead explores the lives of the wealthy and their servant classes alike.
- Members get reduced rates for a full tour!
The satisfaction of preserving New York history for generations to come.
Membership is the Best Value
Senior (+55): $15.00
Family (2+): $35.00
Become a Member Today!
If you would like to become a member of the Gates Historical Society please:
- Download our Membership Form (pdf format)
- Print a copy of the form
- Make your check payable to the Gates Historical Society and mail it along with the completed form to:
Gates Historical Society
634 Hinchey Rd.
Rochester, NY 14624
Make a donation today by making a check out to the Gates Historical Society, or by clicking below!
Donations Wish List
- New 3-in-printer
- Rochester History pamphlets (past 10 years)
- Gates memorabilia & photographs
- Hoosier cabinet
- Washing machine (hand-crank)
- 1900s book ends
- Eastlake candle stand
- Wicker porch chairs (for tour guests to use outside on porch)
- Archive and office supplies
- Storage totes with lids
- Paper goods (such as paper towels, toilet paper, etc.)
- Large bottles of hand sanitizer
- Envelopes: letter and legal size
- Tape dispenser
- Scotch tape, 3/4″
- Writing tablets
- Postage stamps
- Manila folders
- Garden tools (trowel, gloves, hoe)
- Desk lamps, floor lamps or track lighting
- Fans of any kind
- Picnic table and benches
- Volunteers of all ages!