Benefits of Membership
All memberships are active for 12 calendar months from June 1st to June 1st.
- How does 140 years of history fit under one roof? Come see as we take you on a journey through our historic house in the heart of Gates. In the late 1800s, the Victoria era ushered in houses of beauty and splendor; the Hinchey Homestead still stands today as breathtaking reminder of a golden age.
- Personally guided tours afford a rare opportunity to glimpse a by-gone era and experience the warmth of the Gates history in a truly old-fashioned style.
- Visit a magical world, surrounded by colorful toys made between 1880 and 1939.
- Don’t miss this opportunity to step back in time.
- Dedicated to interpreting the Victorian period and Gates’s only remaining pre-20th Century site. One of Gates oldest remaining structures, the Hinchey Homestead explores the lives of the wealthy and their servant classes alike.
- Members get reduced rates for a full tour!
The satisfaction of preserving New York history for generations to come.
Membership is the Best Value
Senior (+55): $15.00
Family (2+): $35.00
Become a Member Today!
If you would like to become a member of the Gates Historical Society please:
- Download our Membership Form (pdf format)
- Print a copy of the form
- Make your check payable to the Gates Historical Society and mail it along with the completed form to:
Gates Historical Society
634 Hinchey Rd.
Rochester, NY 14624
Make a donation today by making a check out to the Gates Historical Society, or by clicking below!
Donations Wish List
- New 3-in-printer
- Rochester History pamphlets (past 10 years)
- Gates memorabilia & photographs
- Hoosier cabinet
- Washing machine (hand-crank)
- 1900s book ends
- Eastlake candle stand
- Wicker porch chairs (for tour guests to use outside on porch)
- Archive and office supplies
- Storage totes with lids
- Paper goods (such as paper towels, toilet paper, etc.)
- Large bottles of hand sanitizer
- Envelopes: letter and legal size
- Tape dispenser
- Scotch tape, 3/4″
- Writing tablets
- Postage stamps
- Manila folders
- Garden tools (trowel, gloves, hoe)
- Desk lamps, floor lamps or track lighting
- Fans of any kind
- Picnic table and benches
- Volunteers of all ages!